exiting user defined function

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
sandy771

exiting user defined function

Post by sandy771 » Tue 17 Jul 2018 12:44

I have a user defined function (defined using registerfunction) that returns a formatted string based on certain parameters that are passed to the function.

I can check the parameters and return an error string, on each iteration of the function, if a paramter is incorrect but I would rather abort the query at the first error and let my calling application provide a more comprehensive help message. Is this possible?

Thank You

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: exiting user defined function

Post by MaximG » Fri 20 Jul 2018 11:52

Currently, our components do not support the described behavior. We will investigate a possibility of its implementation in one of he next versions.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: exiting user defined function

Post by MaximG » Thu 08 Nov 2018 09:15

We've added the BreakExec method that implements SQLite function sqlite3_interrupt ( https://www.sqlite.org/rescode.html#interrupt ). Using this method will allow implementing the described behavior. This implementation will be available in the next version of our product, the release of which we are planning shortly.