SQL injection vs insert and update data

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
DmitriNL

SQL injection vs insert and update data

Post by DmitriNL » Thu 14 Jun 2018 15:11

Hi,

I was wondering how to handle SQL injection using UniDac components. Is there a standard method for the protection of inserting and updating data? Or do I need to filter all fields by myself? I found out that using parameters my application partially is protected from SQL injections.

Thank you in advance for your support.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: SQL injection vs insert and update data

Post by ViktorV » Tue 19 Jun 2018 07:57

If you want to protect against SQL injection at the protocol level, you can use security connections to the server. You can get information about using a secure connection in our help: https://devart.com/mydac/docs/?secureco ... ctions.htm
When working with SQL Server and Oracle in the protocol, there are built-in tools for protecting the protocol from SQL injection. If you have any questions after reading our answer - please contact us and we will try to give you a detailed answer in the shortly.
If you want to protect yourself against SQL injection at the level of your application, to get an answer to your question, please ask a corresponding question at the specialized forums.