Assign Uniquery to VirtualTable and viceversa

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Stefano Monterisi

Assign Uniquery to VirtualTable and viceversa

Post by Stefano Monterisi » Thu 07 Jun 2018 09:10

HI,
i need to works with Virtualtable related to a Uniquery. ex: "VirtualTable1.Assign(Uniquery1)".
If I modify Virtual table records, can I revert situation with a "UniQuery1.Assign(Virtualtable1)",, so I can transfer data record content from VirtualTable1 to Uniquery1, before apply Db updates?

If Yes, I can transfer also "cached update" delta content?

Thanks
Stefano

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Assign Uniquery to VirtualTable and viceversa

Post by MaximG » Fri 08 Jun 2018 12:32

The described operation mode is not applicable for the TVirtualTable component. TVirtualTable represents a data store in memory with TDataSet interface and is not related to any remote or local data source. When executing
the "VirtualTable1.Assign(Uniquery1)" method, in VirtualTable1, data will be generated with the structure described in Uniquery1, after that any changes of VirtualTable1 will take place exclusively within this component.

Stefano Monterisi

Post by Stefano Monterisi » Mon 11 Jun 2018 08:38

Yes Maxim,
but after I can revert the operation, using "Uniquery1.Assign(Virtualtable1)" for transfer data and structure from virtualtable1? ( of course, Virtualtable1 have the same structure of Uniquery1).
If Yes, I probably can transfer non only data, but also delta to Uniquery1, so I can call Uniquery1.Applyupdate... :-)
(I need to obtain some savepoints for revert data to previous different situation)
Thanks

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Tue 12 Jun 2018 08:24

Currently, the functionality you are interested in does not exist the VirtualTable component. We will consider a possibility of implementing the described behavior in the future. You can leave your suggestions at our UserVoice page ( https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/104 ... components ), and if there are many votes for your suggestion, we will implement it.