How to set the login preference

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
tcflam

How to set the login preference

Post by tcflam » Thu 31 May 2018 07:19

Dear,

Our MySQL set the access control that only allow local PC to access. I use my laptop to connect the DB. It reports the error about access denied.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks & regards,

Timothy

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: How to set the login preference

Post by ViktorV » Thu 31 May 2018 08:41

If MySQL server is not located on the laptop, then the specified security settings will not allow you to connect to MySQL server. Otherwise: the 'Access denied for user 'YourUserName'@'YourComputerName'' message is a server response to an authentication fail. This message means that no user with the 'YourUserName' name exists or you have entered an invalid password, or a user with the 'YourUserName' name has no server access rights from the 'YourComputerName' PC.
To solve the problem, you should add the necessary rights to the YourUserName account or create a user with the necessary rights. The needed information can be found in the MySQL reference manual (e.g.: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/grant.html).

tcflam

Post by tcflam » Thu 31 May 2018 09:05

Thanks. I grant the access right in MySQL and the problem solved.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 31 May 2018 10:16

It is good to see that the problem has been solved.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.