Help missing of SQLite

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
m227

Help missing of SQLite

Post by m227 » Thu 05 Apr 2018 15:15

Hi, I use UniDac 7.0.2. I'd like to get information about specific options of SQLite provider however a help does not include it (it has however links to specific options of MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Interbase, PostgreSQL)

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Help missing of SQLite

Post by MaximG » Fri 06 Apr 2018 09:34

You can find the options description when using SQLite Provider in UniDAC in the help file (CHM documentation or PDF documentation): devart.com/unidac/download.htm or at our website: devart.com/unidac/docs/sqliteprov_article.htm

m227

Post by m227 » Fri 06 Apr 2018 10:04

Thank you for quick response, but your links failed to open.
Here is probably correct link: https://www.devart.com/unidac/download.html

I downloaded and opened chm help but nothing about NativeDate specific option of SQLProvider found. However this doc will help me in the future.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Fri 06 Apr 2018 14:17

According to the documentation ( sqlite.org/datatype3.html , Section "2.2. Date and Time Datatype" ), SQLite can store the date and time in one of three formats, depending on the value being inserted. When reading data, UniDAC automatically tries to determine the format in which the date and time value is stored. When setting the NativeDate property to False:

Code: Select all

UniConnection.SpecificOptions.Values['NativeDate'] := 'False';
UniDAC will think that the date and time are stored in the Delphi format. We will try to add a description of this property in our documentation in the near future.