Unidac for Oracle and FastReport

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
suporteJetdata

Unidac for Oracle and FastReport

Post by suporteJetdata » Fri 28 Jul 2017 13:59

Hi,

I installed Unidac for Delphi7 and the connection is made successfully on Oracle 12c, but the connector with FastReport 4 does not connect.

Display the message error:ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist tips.

What do you do to get this connection done?

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Unidac for Oracle and FastReport

Post by MaximG » Mon 31 Jul 2017 10:29

We tested the work of UniDAC 7.0.2 for Delphi 7 when using frxUniDACComponents to retrieve data from Oracle 12c server. Unfortunately, we did not manage to reproduce the problem according to the description. In our test environment we successfully established the connection and retrieved data from Oracle 12c server using both TUniConnection and TfrxUniDACComponents in the FastReport report. Please, check once again the identity of the connection parameters that you are using when working with these components.

suporteJetdata

Post by suporteJetdata » Mon 31 Jul 2017 19:58

Hello, MaximG

thank you for your answer.

I'm using in my project: UniDAC 7.0.2 for Delphi 7 and FastReport 4

UniDACConnection : TUniConnection;

UniDACConnection.SpecificOptions.Add('Oracle.Direct=True');
UniDACConnection.connected(true); //connection with sucess

frxUniDACComponents : TfrxUniDACDatabase;
but this option of connection in frxUniDACComponents.SpecificOptions are Disabled(with fastReport 4 in runtime mode)

frxUniDACComponents.connected(false);
error: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist tips.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Tue 01 Aug 2017 09:39

Thank you for the information.The frxUniDACComponents component does not support the work in the Direct Mode now. We will consider a possibility of implementing such functionality in one of the next versions of our product. Note that the frxUniDACComponents component is used for convenient work in FastReport using UniDAC and is not mandatory in this case. You can make your reports without using this component, for example using TfrxDBDataset.

duffo64

Post by duffo64 » Thu 21 Jun 2018 07:01

With the death in my heart I read last year post.
It would be absolutely amazing if Devart could make Fastreport independent of Oracle client using direct mode connection.
Any hope in 2018 ?

Thanks

Claudio

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Sat 23 Jun 2018 14:21

We are considering a possibility to add the feature you are interested in to our product in one of the next builds, the release of which is planned for this year.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 12 Jul 2018 13:07

We supported SpecificOptions to FastReport components. We will add this functionality in the next release of UniDAC.
For testing, you can use the FR5.zip file from our website: https://www.devart.com/pub/dac/FR5.zip
To testing, please try the following:
- delete FastReport 5 UniDAC Components from [Components]-[Install Packages] ;
- recompile the following components: frxDACXX.dpk, frxUniDACXX.dpk, dclfrxUniDACXX.dpk ;
- install dclfrxUniDACXX.dpk ;
- restart the IDE .

duffo64

Post by duffo64 » Thu 12 Jul 2018 15:37

Wow ! Thank You !
I tried it with FR6 and it works, even if every time I open/quit the report an error pops up saying "Invalid Oracle Home", but this thing is *GREAT* :-)

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 13 Jul 2018 08:59

Thank you for the interest in our products.
If you have any questions during using our products, please don't hesitate to contact us - and we will try to help you solve them.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 13 Jul 2018 13:38

We fixed the "Invalid Oracle Home" error. You can download the FR5.zip file including the fix again by the above link and rebuild the packages.

duffo64

Post by duffo64 » Fri 13 Jul 2018 14:35

Hello Viktor,

I just tried latest version and the error is gone away, thank you.
Another thing I discovered is about TfrxUniDACDatabase.ProviderName property: it must be the first thing you assign, otherwise report designer crashes almost instantly if you try to set some other component property.

Thank you

/Claudio

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Mon 16 Jul 2018 12:08

Please download the new version FR5.zip again by the above link, rebuild the packages, and check whether the issue with using the TfrxUniDACDatabase.ProviderName property is resolved. If the issue still persists, please describe in more detail the steps to reproduce it on our demo sample.