dbMonitor - limit to certain connections

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
chkaufmann

dbMonitor - limit to certain connections

Post by chkaufmann » Wed 25 Jan 2017 14:40

Hi,

I try to limit the connections that log to dbMonitor. I found this in the helpfile:
"set to True the Debug property for components you want to trace;"

So for my understanding, only components with Debug=True should generate log entries. But this doesn't work and evrywhere in the code I find "MonitorClass.HasMonitor or Debug".
Did I missunderstand something? Is the only way to filter by connection to click in the "Object Tree" in dbMonitor? Unfortunately the whole log is deleted in this case.

cu Christian

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: dbMonitor - limit to certain connections

Post by AlexP » Thu 26 Jan 2017 09:46

Hello,

The Debug components property is responsible for displaying the window with executed query, procedure, etc. and does not affect the display in dbMonitor. You can filter necessary components only in dbMonitor.

chkaufmann

Post by chkaufmann » Thu 31 Oct 2019 09:24

I just run into this problem again. I use it in a service application where I have many connections and it's not always easy to find the correct one in dbMonitor. So it would be helpfull to have another boolean flag on each object to turn monitor messages on and off.

Christian

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 27 Nov 2019 12:55

If you want us to implement the feature, please post this suggestion at our user voice forum: https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/104 ... omponents/ If the suggestion gets a lot of votes, we will consider the possibility to implement it.