INFORMIX ODBC problems

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
leonell

INFORMIX ODBC problems

Post by leonell » Thu 09 Feb 2012 20:25

Hi,

>You can work with Informix in UniDAC using IBM Informix ODBC Driver.

I will continue discussion here.

I tested it and result is very bad.
I am using last Unidac (4.1.4/XE2), last ODBC driver (Informix Connect 3.70) and last Informix Dynamic Server (11.70).

If INTERVAL, BLOB, CLOB, BIGSERIAL or BIGINT built-in databyte is in table, then after open "Data type is not supported." exception is thrown.

Storing some data into TEXT or LVARCHAR datatype ends with "String data right truncation".

What is interesting, storing picture to BYTE datatype returns "String data right truncation" too.

Troubles with BYTE, TEXT, BLOB and CLOB means, that no comments or pictures can be used :(

For now I did not test more features.

Leos

Brob

Post by Brob » Fri 10 Feb 2012 09:34

Hi leonell

I have used IBM ODBC drivers before with other components and found them unreliable. I switched to OLEDB and had no problems at all.

leonell

Post by leonell » Sat 11 Feb 2012 18:29

Thank you very much.
Please what components are you using?
I tested dbgo/XE2 and have troubles.
Leos

Added later:
My troubles were related to stores_demo database. Probably some relation to attached datablades (?!). When I created new database problematic INSERTs are working. Now I look for solution how to get last SERIAL value. Then I will prepare some more advanced example.

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Tue 06 Mar 2012 10:47

Hello,

The types you have listed are the specific INFORMIX types and they are presently not supported in UniDAC ODBC provider. We will try to implement the support of these types in one of the next versions of our product.

Kuri_YJ

Re: INFORMIX ODBC problems

Post by Kuri_YJ » Fri 08 Mar 2019 12:34

Hi Everybody,

We are trying to convert our sourcecodes from dbExpress to UniDAC, but we are facing this problem too. Is there any way to solve this problem?

We are also getting this error on BLOB fields (Informix 12.1 Server and ODBC Driver is 4.10)

If we pass this issue we will going to buy UniDAC Components.

Thanks in advance.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: INFORMIX ODBC problems

Post by MaximG » Fri 15 Mar 2019 14:32

Thank you for the information. We will investigate the described issue and let you know the results shortly.