What is included in UniDac Professional

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
ravink

What is included in UniDac Professional

Post by ravink » Wed 03 Sep 2008 04:03

Hi

Just want some confirmation on this as it is not stated very clearly.

UniDAC Professional Edition shows off the full power of UniDAC, including UniDAC Standard Edition with support for four data access providers: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, InterBase/Firebird/Yaffil.

Does this mean that mydac,odac,ibdac and sdac are included or is it some subset of it?

If I purchase Unidac, can I still access features specific to Firebird / Mysql or am I limited to functions provided by Unidac?

Thanks.
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA
Last edited by ravink on Fri 18 Feb 2011 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Wed 03 Sep 2008 07:21

UniDAC uses special provider packages to work with each server type. These providers are "subset" of MyDAC, ODAC, IBDAC, and SDAC.

Standard Edition of UniDAC does not include providers. You should install MyDAC, ODAC, IBDAC, or SDAC to get corresponding provider for UniDAC.

Professional Edition include all providers. So you can use it without other DACs. UniDAC supports most features of Firebird and MySQL from IBDAC and MyDAC. But some specific features can be unavailable. UniDAC does not include MyDAC, ODAC, IBDAC, or SDAC components. So you can access features of Firebird or MySQL through the UniDAC components only.