Using Compiled UniDac Demo and IBDac Demo with Firebird

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
ravink

Using Compiled UniDac Demo and IBDac Demo with Firebird

Post by ravink » Tue 02 Sep 2008 05:16

Hi

I am interested in your producst but am unable to use the demo's with firebird. Is Firebird absent in the demo's or am I missing something.

I would prefer to use the compiled demo instead of installing the products.

hope someone can help

Thank you.
________
TOYOTA MANUFACTURING UK HISTORY
Last edited by ravink on Fri 18 Feb 2011 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Tue 02 Sep 2008 08:53

The IBDAC demo can be used with Firebird the same way as with InterBase.

In the UniDAC demo you should select 'InterBase' in the combobox in the connect dialog.

ravink

Post by ravink » Wed 03 Sep 2008 03:52

When I do this, the server and database dropdown lists are both empty. So I have no idea how to connect to a database. The demo does not seem to come with any sample databases either.

I am quite new to Firebird, therefore I am probably missing something obvious. hope you can help.

Thank you.
________
MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
Last edited by ravink on Fri 18 Feb 2011 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Wed 03 Sep 2008 07:45

You should create a database yourself before running the demo. You can use some tool for InterBase/Firebird. For example, you can download IBExpert:

http://ibexpert.net/ibe/

After you have created a database, run the demo. Press the 'Create' button on the toolbar to create database objects used by the demo. In the connect dialog, enter the host name where you have created the database into the Server field (LOCALHOST, if you have created the database on your computer), and enter the database file name with the full path into the Database field.