Compairson between UniDac and the other DAC products

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
kurtbilde

Compairson between UniDac and the other DAC products

Post by kurtbilde » Sat 15 Mar 2008 16:12

Hi,

I don't get it... Please explain the differens between UniDAC and the other DAC's. I have ODAC and SDAC - why should I still use them and not change to UniDac?

Is there something I should take into considaration - speed, support for client / no client ect.?

Why is standard the right version for users with other DAC's?

Is there going to be a "special" deal for folks with more than one DAC product?

-Kurt

Challenger
Devart Team

Post by Challenger » Thu 20 Mar 2008 15:13

I don't get it... Please explain the differens between UniDAC and the other DAC's. I have ODAC and SDAC - why should I still use them and not change to UniDac?
UniDAC will not support some specific server functionality that is supported by ODAC, SDAC, etc. If the functionality supported in UniDAC suits your needs, you can use UniDAC.
Is there something I should take into considaration - speed, support for client / no client ect.?
UniDAC is based on other DACs, therefore there should not be significant difference.
Why is standard the right version for users with other DAC's?
UniDAC Standard Edition includes no providers. Each installed xDAC adds support for the corresponding provider (e.g. ODAC installs the Oracle provider).
Is there going to be a "special" deal for folks with more than one DAC product?
UniDAC Standard Edition includes no providers. Each installed xDAC adds support for the corresponding provider (e.g. ODAC installs the Oracle provider).

kurtbilde

Post by kurtbilde » Fri 21 Mar 2008 19:07

UniDAC will not support some specific server functionality that is supported by ODAC, SDAC, etc. If the functionality supported in UniDAC suits your needs, you can use UniDAC.
As you are finished with both MS SQL and Oracle support please specify...

-Kurt

Challenger
Devart Team

Post by Challenger » Fri 28 Mar 2008 15:49

You can get this information by comparing features list of UniDAC, ODAC and SDAC.

kurtbilde

Post by kurtbilde » Sat 29 Mar 2008 08:22

You can get this information by comparing features list of UniDAC, ODAC and SDAC.
How about speed? The same or.....

Challenger
Devart Team

Post by Challenger » Thu 03 Apr 2008 13:01

Yes, the speed should be the same. More exact results we will provide with/after the release.