Suggestion about one new component.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
banita

Suggestion about one new component.

Post by banita » Wed 12 Aug 2009 13:41

Sometimes I need component like 'TPSQLDirectQuery' from MicroOLAP PostgresDAC but not only for postgresql.

description:
"TPSQLDirectQuery component is intended for high-speed (2-3 times faster than with using of TPSQLQuery component) data fetching."

"TPSQLDirectQuery allows to execute SQL queries and retrieve resultsets with very high performance. Meanwhile, it is not TDataset-compatible. This means that it can't be assigned to TDatasource.Dataset property and you can't use it with visual DB-controls. TPSQLDirectQuery is usually used in tasks where data require some processing without displaying it with/within visual DB-controls."

Sometimes I present my data in ListView control, so that component will be very useful for me.

sory for my english.

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Thu 13 Aug 2009 07:45

UniDAC has TUniSQL component for direct SQL execution. But this component does not retrieve resultset.

You can use TUniQuery in your application. The performance difference between TUniQuery and a "direct" component will not be significant (about millisecond). Probably user of your application will not notice any differences.