Selecting a table in a UniTable -> Unknown table

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
feamster

Selecting a table in a UniTable -> Unknown table

Post by feamster » Fri 03 Jul 2009 22:40

So I successfully link to a UNIX (OS/X) firebird server with a UniConnection. Remember these unix guys are case sensitive. I select a table from the drop down list called WhseCode and it tells me that WHSECODE is unknown table (error -204) when I try to open the table. Now on the surface it looks like this might be a case issue. Is there a switch that controls this somewhere.

I'm using Delphi 2007 and just purchased Unidac Pro with source. I connected successfully to a table called SEED. Also can't connect to BillOfLading. I'm new to Firebird so I'm just learning the quirks. Any help from you experienced guys would be appreciated.

feamster

OK, I'm right sort of

Post by feamster » Sat 04 Jul 2009 01:17

I recreated the tables but forced the entire creation query to uppercase and everything seems to work fine now. Is this a bug, a feature, or my inexperience? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks for your help.

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Mon 06 Jul 2009 08:43

You should quote the value of TableName, or set the QuoteNames option of TUniTable to True.

feamster

Thanks So Much

Post by feamster » Mon 06 Jul 2009 15:30

That makes perfect sense. Thank you.