UniDac 8.4.3 - TUniAlerter + Firebird + Events - "Failed to establish a secondary connection for event proccessing"

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
DataCool

UniDac 8.4.3 - TUniAlerter + Firebird + Events - "Failed to establish a secondary connection for event proccessing"

Post by DataCool » Tue 18 May 2021 11:55

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use TUniAlerter(UniDac 8.4.3) to receive Event from a Firebird Database Server.
I just dropped three components on the Form(TUniConnection, InterbaseUniProvider, TUniAlerter)
did the correct setup for TUniConnection to by ready to connect to DB server and added
OnError and OnEvent Handler and this Code:

Code: Select all

procedure TForm1.Button2Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  if not UniConnection1.Connected then
    UniConnection1.Connect;
  if not dbEvents.Active then
    dbEvents.Start;

// some seconds after calling start i get an exception:
  // "Failed to establish a secondary connection for event proccessing"
end;
I already changed Firebird-Server configuration to a "fixed" "RemoteAuxPort" to avoid any firewall problems.
Any thoughts ?

Greetz Jan

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: UniDac 8.4.3 - TUniAlerter + Firebird + Events - "Failed to establish a secondary connection for event proccessing"

Post by ViktorV » Tue 18 May 2021 13:44

Hi Jan,

Kindly note that our components do not work directly with InterBase/Firebird server. They work with client library which communicates directly with server over the network.
In order to make a test please temporarily disable firewall and check if you still receive described error.
If no exception received- there is no issues with our components and firewall settings prevent normal interaction of InterBase/Firebird client library with the server.
In this case, in order to get full information about your request, please refer to server documentation, server support or specialized forum.

Best regards,
Viktor

DataCool

Re: UniDac 8.4.3 - TUniAlerter + Firebird + Events - "Failed to establish a secondary connection for event proccessing"

Post by DataCool » Wed 19 May 2021 16:52

Hi Viktor,

u was right indeed it was a firewall problem.
With disabled Firewall on server everything is working fine,
so TUniAlerter is working fine.

But I still don't know why the firebird server is acting like this ...
RemoteAuxPort was set to 3501,
but the Firebird Server always using Port 5905 for the "event connection",
i dunno where he gets the 5905 ....
Anyways this is something i'll find out later, main problem solved.

Thank you,

Gretes Jan

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Mon 05 Jul 2021 17:08

Hey Jan,

I’m glad that you were able to resolve the issue.
In case you will get any other issue or questions please feel free to contact us back.

Regards,
Viktor