Unidac x PostgreSQL SSL x iOS

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Samuel

Unidac x PostgreSQL SSL x iOS

Post by Samuel » Wed 21 Mar 2018 17:49

Does Unidac (FMX application on iOS 64bits / iPad) support SSL connection on a PostgreSQL server?

Do you have an example of how to make this connection?

I tried to enable SSL in the PostgreSQL parameters but when I try to connect I get error "Can't create SSL connection".

azyk
Devart Team

Re: Unidac x PostgreSQL SSL x iOS

Post by azyk » Thu 22 Mar 2018 13:43

UniDAC supports a secure SSL connection to PostgreSQL for iOS 64-bit platform.

By default, the 'SSLMode' specific option is 'smDisable', so UniDAC will attempt to establish a non-SSL connection. In order for UniDAC to establish a SSL connection to PostgreSQL, set this option to the 'smRequire' value. For example:

Code: Select all

UniConnection.SpecificOptions.Values['PostgreSQL.SSLMode'] := 'smRequire';
More information in the online PgDAC documentation:
- the 'SSLMode' option: https://www.devart.com/pgdac/docs/?deva ... slmode.htm
- Secure Connections: https://www.devart.com/pgdac/docs/?secu ... ctions.htm

UniDAC demo project of the mobile application can be found in the subfolder "Demos\Mobile\DelphiXX\" relative to the path where the UniDAC demo projects were installed.

Samuel

Post by Samuel » Thu 22 Mar 2018 18:41

I need SSL only to enable compression of TCP packets and improve the speed of remote access to PostgreSQL.

If I use TCRSSLIOHandler on the TUniconnection, will Unidac recognize SSL data compression?

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Mon 26 Mar 2018 10:51

Currently, there is no possibility to use SSL compression with TCRSSLIOHandler. We will consider to implement this feature in one of the next UniDAC versions.