Question

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
snorkel2

Question

Post by snorkel2 » Fri 01 Jun 2007 17:41

Does the server component allow for authentication to be validated against a DB?

I would seriously consider buying this if the server component supported SFTP, any plans on adding SFTP support to the server?

one more thing, does it work with Kylix or Free Pascal?

Dimon
Devart Team

Re: Question

Post by Dimon » Mon 04 Jun 2007 09:31

snorkel2 wrote:Does the server component allow for authentication to be validated against a DB?
The TScSSHServer component does not have any direct relation to databases. You should to use Data Access components for authentication with a database server.
For example, for connection with MySQL server you can use the TMyConnection component along with TMySSHIOHandler that are a part of MySQL Data Access Components (MyDAC).

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Mon 04 Jun 2007 09:33

snorkel2 wrote: I would seriously consider buying this if the server component supported SFTP, any plans on adding SFTP support to the server?
We do not plan to support SFTP in the near future. Also it is possible that we will support Kylix, but we do not plan to support Free Pascal.

Post by Guest » Wed 06 Jun 2007 04:49

Dimon wrote:
snorkel2 wrote: I would seriously consider buying this if the server component supported SFTP, any plans on adding SFTP support to the server?
We do not plan to support SFTP in the near future. Also it is possible that we will support Kylix, but we do not plan to support Free Pascal.
I hope you guys change your mind about SFTP as it's one of the biggest reasons to use SSH because while it's FTP like it works all over port 22 and does not have the dynamic port issues of regular ftp or ftp over SSL.

Add SFTP support to the server and Kylix support and you will have me as a customer.

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Wed 06 Jun 2007 14:23

We will consider possibility to support SFTP.

Snorkel2

Post by Snorkel2 » Sat 21 Jul 2007 03:40

Dimon wrote:We will consider possibility to support SFTP.
Sweet, I will for sure purchase, it would have to work on Kylix though.

Antaeus

Post by Antaeus » Wed 25 Jul 2007 07:45

We are considering possibility to support Kylix. But it is unlikely that we will support it during nearest several months.