SSH for FMX Android app

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
hackbrew

SSH for FMX Android app

Post by hackbrew » Thu 17 Feb 2022 00:06

I have dropped the Devart SecureBridge components (10.0.1) ScSSHClient, ScSFTPClient, and a ScFileStorage on my Delphi (10.4.2) FMX form, but the IDE does not like it, as it will not compile when my target platform is Android 32-bit or Android64-bit. I've done this with a VCL app without issue, but not on a multi-device app.

Are there any other dependencies required to get this to work?

YanishevskiyVI
Devart Team

Re: SSH for FMX Android app

Post by YanishevskiyVI » Fri 18 Feb 2022 15:34

Hi!

Please note that SecureBridge has no dependencies on the VCL and FMX frameworks, so it can be used even in console applications.

Please note: The Standard edition do not support Android development. If you need Android support, you need the Professional edition.

If you still can't solve the issue, then please specify what kind of errors you are having and reply us back.

hackbrew

Post by hackbrew » Tue 22 Feb 2022 22:40

I have the SecureBridge Professional edition.

This FMX Android 64-bit app is giving me the error: "[DCC Fatal Error] uMainForm.pas(23): F2613 Unit 'ScBridge' not found. It's in my uses section.

I can see the file sbridge270.dcp in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\SecureBridge for RAD Studio 10.4\Lib\Android64 folder. Do I need to add an entry to the browsing path for the compiler to see it?

Raudar
Devart Team

Post by Raudar » Tue 22 Mar 2022 18:50

Hi there,

Please try reinstalling SecureBridge and make sure you are installing it under the user you work in IDE.

Once this is done, please check if the path to the directory "%SB%\Lib\Android64" is included to the "Library path" via the

Tools->Optins->Delphi Options->Library - Android64 menu.

Where %SB% is the SecureBridge installation path on your computer.

Best Regards,

Devart Support