Network Security Issue looking for advice?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
Scott103

Network Security Issue looking for advice?

Post by Scott103 » Mon 27 Sep 2021 14:03

Couldn't search the sub, but if it's in here please share.

Have the Orbi router for home. Have a guest network and default. Have an Amazon-bought-cheap-made NVR for home vid. security system am attempting to set up on mobile.

Issue 1) Buddy told me home security system is highly vulnerable to hacking bc told him how 1 day had to reset password and manu. gave me a time frame and a key to access the NVR, was not hooked up to home network/internet on this day -poor signal-, but it worked and I gained access to NVR.

Is this true?

Issue 2) I am minutes away from hardwire connecting the NVR to back of Orbi router. Once done and this successfully does network the NVR will it be a security threat? Basically what is difference between firewalls when ethernet connected vs wireless?

Issue 3) If the NVR is a backdoor gateway for malicious actors to access my network, are they limited to the NVR data or everything? What solutions are available if keeping current NVR?

YanishevskiyVI
Devart Team

Re: Network Security Issue looking for advice?

Post by YanishevskiyVI » Tue 28 Sep 2021 07:28

Hi Scott,

I wish I could assist but from the description of your request it’s not fully clear what kind of issue you have with our product.

In case you need any kind of assistance or information regarding the work of our components please reply to this email with the description of your request.

Looking forward to your reply.

Vitaliy