Is TCRSSHIOHandler necessary for MyDac/Securebridge

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
docH

Is TCRSSHIOHandler necessary for MyDac/Securebridge

Post by docH » Thu 29 Oct 2020 09:11

The documentation
Connecting to MySQL Through SSH in Delphi
at
, under Sample Delphi App that connects to MySQL Using SSH says
After installing MyDAC and SecureBridge software on your system, install the TCRSSHIOHandler component in RAD Studio to bind MyDAC with SecureBridge ... The instructions are provided in the Readme.html, which is located by default in "My Documents\Devart\MyDAC for RAD Studio XX\Demos\TechnologySpecific\SecureBridge\
However the instructions in that location only refer to the TMySSHIOHandler and TMySSLIOHandler components, not the TCRSSHIOHandler component.

looking at this forum post
MySql SSH "Hello world" pls
at
It describes a complicated manual process to get the TCRSSHIOHandler component involving some demo in a Unidac folder.

Not surprisingly the OP was dismayed that such manual intervention involving demos was necessary and that TCRSSHIOHandler wasn't installed as part of the installation process.

Question 1.
Is TCRSSHIOHandler only necessary when using Unidac or is it needed for MyDac as well when using Securebridge?

Question 2
I don't even have a UniDac folder but can see a source file, CRSSHIOHandler.pas, inside C:\Users\USER\Documents\RAD Studio\3rd party components\Devart MyDac\Demos\TechnologySpecific\SecureBridge but don't know what I'm supposed to do with it - if anything

Should I just ignore CRSSHIOHandler and all the documentation that seems to suggest it's needed for MyDac?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Is TCRSSHIOHandler necessary for MyDac/Securebridge

Post by ViktorV » Thu 29 Oct 2020 18:06

Currently only the TMySSHIOHandler component is installed with the mydacsbridgeXX package. We'll add the ability to install the TCRSSHIOHandler and TCRSSLIOHandler components in addition to the TMySSHIOHandler and TMySSLIOHandler components in the next build of MyDAC.
The TMySSHIOHandler and TCRSSHIOHandler are equivalent classes.
We'll make respective changes to our documentation.
The UniDAC folder is intended for UniDAC only. The module CRSSHIOHandler.pas is distributed with both MyDAC and UniDAC.