can not install TMySSHIOHandler and TMySSLIOHandler - File not found error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
charlesF106

can not install TMySSHIOHandler and TMySSLIOHandler - File not found error

Post by charlesF106 » Tue 13 Oct 2020 08:35

Hi Guys

I am running
  • SecureBridge Standard 9.3.1
  • MySQL Data Access Components Professional 10.3.2
On Delphi 10.2 Update 3

when I try to install TMySSHIOHandler and TMySSLIOHandler
I get this error [dcc32 Fatal Error] CRSSHIOHandler.pas(14): F1026 File not found: 'SecureBridgeVer.inc'

were do I find the 'SecureBridgeVer.inc' file ?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: can not install TMySSHIOHandler and TMySSLIOHandler - File not found error

Post by ViktorV » Tue 13 Oct 2020 17:15

The latest version of SecureBridge is missing the required *.inc files, which results in a compilation error. We have already fixed the issue; the fix will be included in the next version of SecureBridge. In the meantime, you can resolve the issue by copying the contents of the SB.zip: https://download.devart.com/dac/SB.zip archive to the SecureBridge installation folder (for earlier versions of Delphi, you only need to copy the Source folder and copy SecureBridgeVer.inc to the Lib folder).

docH

Post by docH » Wed 28 Oct 2020 11:09

I have followed these instructions and now have the copy of SecureBridgeVer.inc from the root of SB.zip in the folder

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\SecureBridge for RAD Studio 2009\Lib 
That copy of SecureBridgeVer.inc contains
{$I ..\..\Source\SecureBridgeVer.inc}

I also followed the instructions and copied the folder 'source' (containing another version of SecureBridgeVer.inc) into the installation folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\SecureBridge for RAD Studio 2009
That version of SecureBridgeVer.inc contains

//////////////////////////////////////////////////
// SecureBridge Components
// Copyright © 2007-2020 Devart. All right reserved.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

const
SecureBridgeVersion = '9.3.1';

{$DEFINE SB_DEMO_VER2}

The MyDac 10.3.2 installation put the demos by default in

C:\Users\USER\Documents\Devart\MyDAC for RAD Studio 2009
so the mydacsbridge120.dpk referred to in the readme.html that I need to install to get Tsshiohandler is in

C:\Users\USER\Documents\Devart\MyDAC for RAD Studio 2009\Demos\TechnologySpecific\SecureBridge\Delphi12
Trying to compile this packag however says

{$I ..\..\Source\SecureBridgeVer.inc} not found
This is not surprising as

..\..\
refers to

C:\Users\USER\Documents\Devart\MyDAC for RAD Studio 2009\Demos\TechnologySpecific

and the different versions of SecureBridgeVer.inc are not in any sub folder of

C:\Users\USER\Documents\Devart\MyDAC for RAD Studio 2009\Demos

but in the installation folder in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\SecureBridge for RAD Studio 2009t
Can you explain carefully how to get round this problem?

And why does such an expensive component require so much manual manipulation and dealing with errors?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 28 Oct 2020 18:04

To solve the File not found: 'SecureBridgeVer.inc' error, the SecureBridgeVer.inc file, which is located in the Source folder in the archive, is enough to be located in the directory containing MySSLIOHandler.pas and MySSHIOHandler.pas modules. This is the solution for all Delphi versions.

docH

Post by docH » Thu 29 Oct 2020 08:56

Thank you. Finally, after nearly a year of trying I have finally managed to get TMySSHIOHandler installed and can begin to use the Securebridge component I paid so much for.

I am very disappointed in Devart though.

Why isn't this required TMySSHIOHandler component installed automatically by the downloaded installation exe for MyDac or Securebridge?

Why do we have to manually use a separate dpk file that's buried deep inside a demo folder and which contains a hard coded path to to a folder you assume we have, containing the file SecureBridgeVer.inc that itself doesn't even exist and needs a separate download to obtain!

If I wanted to develop my own components I would learn how to do so. If I pay good money for one from a company then I expect it to work 'out of the box' without me having to spend so long debugging it and researching how to get it.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 29 Oct 2020 17:56

Thank you for your interest in our product.
We are glad that the issue has been solved. You may create a feature request on our UserVoice forum: https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/174370-securebridge to speed up the implementation of an installer for the TMySSHIOHandler component.
The issue with missing SecureBridgeVer.inc will be fixed in the next version of the product. It will also include the following changes: from now on, the package mydacsbridgeXX will be distributed with new versions of MyDAC and be compatible with a SecureBridge version existing at the time of MyDAC release.