Client gets 'Socket closed. Cannot receive data.' error on connection

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
Wilma Lobban

Client gets 'Socket closed. Cannot receive data.' error on connection

Post by Wilma Lobban » Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:41

I am using the SecureBridge6 evaluation components. I have created both Server and Client using the steps in the step-by-step tutorials. When the client tries to connect to the remote Server it fails with the 'Socket closed. Cannot receive data.' message. I can ping the server IP Address and using Test-NetConnection to check the server port from the client machine returns True so the socket is definitely open and on the server machine it is shown as listening on that port. Can anyone help with this urgently as I have to decide if SecureBridge6 has the best components for replacing FTP in an application?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Client gets 'Socket closed. Cannot receive data.' error on connection

Post by ViktorV » Thu 26 Jul 2018 13:16

It seems that you connect to non FTP server. Please check, that you set correct port and host.
Can you connect to this FTP server using any another third-party FTP client?

Wilma Lobban

Post by Wilma Lobban » Fri 27 Jul 2018 13:10

I couldn't connect using PuTTY or OpenSSH either which led me to notice that the Address was missing in NetStat results where it showed that the port was listening. I have found the cause of the problem. I hadn't set the ListenAddress in TScSSHServer options. Thanks for your help.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 27 Jul 2018 13:20

It is good to see that the problem has been solved.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.