TIdHTTP: EIdIOHandlerPropInvalid

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
mmkw

TIdHTTP: EIdIOHandlerPropInvalid

Post by mmkw » Thu 19 Jul 2018 09:11

Hello,

I have a big project with a lots of indy 10 components. I now want to replace the SSLIO-Handler from Indy with SecureBridge. I thought this is done by using the TScIdIOHandler, but I get a EIdIOHandlerPropInvalid exception when I do it like that:

AHTTP:= TIdHTTP.Create(nil);
AHTTP.IOHandler:= TScIdIOHandler.Create(AHTTP);
AHTTP.Post(..)

In another thread in this forum is mentioned, that this won't work with SMTP server, because the implementation of TScIdIOHandler is not derived from TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketBase.

Is there any solution, to use SecureBridge with IdHTTP?

If not with IdHTTP, for what can we use TScIdIOHandler?

best regards

Kai

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: TIdHTTP: EIdIOHandlerPropInvalid

Post by ViktorV » Thu 19 Jul 2018 11:25

Devart SecureBridge Components for Indy include the TScIdIOHandler component, which serves as an adapter between SecureBridge and Indy to create a secure SSH not SSL connection.
To connect SecureBridge with Indy to use SSL protocol is not possible, because in order to use SSL with Indy components, you should use IOHandler, which is inherited from the TIdSSLIOHandlerSocket class, but not from the TIdIOHandler class as our TScIdIOHandler component.
To work with the data via the HTTP (HTTPS) protocol, you can use the TScHttpWebRequest component: https://devart.com/sbridge/docs/index.h ... equest.htm You can specify settings for secure connection in the TScHttpWebRequest.SSLOptions property.
You can find the samples of using the TScHttpWebRequest component at our forum: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36270