Set TScFileStorage so it does not use the UserName as the file name.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
tom_1234

Set TScFileStorage so it does not use the UserName as the file name.

Post by tom_1234 » Mon 04 Jun 2018 14:26

I have made a program based on the SimpleSshServer and have noticed that the user names become the file names.
So if I have a user name of "Fred1" then I get a file Fred1.usr.

Is there away to set the TScFileStoreage so the filenames are not the User name?
Can I have all of the user put into one file, so someone looking in directory does not see all of my user names and how many users there are? If not I can live with the limitation but asking in case I am missing some step that would allow this.

On a different issue, I also tried editing the TScFileStorage component in my application and tried adding users through that interface but one I added did not show up when I pressed InitUsers and did not work when I tried to login with the Edit entered UserID/Password.
(I Right clicked on the component and picked edit then the Users to add the user.)
InitUser code...piece
ScFileStorage.Users.Refresh;
ScFileStorage.Users.GetUserNames(lbUserName.Items); //Puts all of the users in the listbox.
//then code to select the user in the Listbox.

In my test I first did a InitUser and all of my file based users showed up but the one I used the edit method did not show up.

So does the edit based way work if you mix it with file based ones??

Thanks
Tom

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Set TScFileStorage so it does not use the UserName as the file name.

Post by ViktorV » Wed 06 Jun 2018 13:27

1. It's true, when using TScFileStorage, files with a user name are created, this is the standard behavior of this component that our users have been using for many years and its change affects them all. But, if you want us to add this functionality, please write about it at our User Voice forum: https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/17 ... curebridge. If your suggestion gets enough votes, we will consider the possibility of its implementation.
2. Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the specified behavior.
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of SecureBridge 8.2.4.
If this is so, in order for us to be able to give you a detailed answer, we need a sample demonstrating the behavior you mentioned. Therefore, please, compose a small sample demonstrating the described behavior and send it to us using the contact form https://devart.com/company/contactform.html