Translation of Error messages and exception

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
simu

Translation of Error messages and exception

Post by simu » Sun 20 May 2018 10:35

Hi,
it seems that all of your components do not support different languages. So what I mean is, that I always get a mix of english and OS language messages or exceptions no matter which OS language I'm using.
Also some of your excpetions are dynamically generated and giving two languages. For example if SSHClient could not connect, it raises a mix of englisch and german:
Cannot connect to server on host 'x.x.x.x':
Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte.
Socket Error Code: 10061($274D)

How can this be solved?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Translation of Error messages and exception

Post by ViktorV » Mon 21 May 2018 09:39

SecureBridge error message text can consist of two parts: the first part containing the internal text generated by SecureBridge, which will always be in English and the second part generated by the server or OC. The language of the second part will depend on the settings of the server or OC and we cannot influenced it at all.
Currently, the only solution of your task is to purchase SecureBridge Professional with source code and change the error message text.