Packet Size is Invalid error on Connect

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
simu

Packet Size is Invalid error on Connect

Post by simu » Sat 12 May 2018 15:13

Hi,
I receiving the Exception message "Packet size 1349676901 is invalid" while connecting with TScSSHClient.
I haven't received this message before and it came since I'm using the proberty "HandleResourceStrings"=True from TsiLang component. I know you are not responsible for other vendor components, but it seems that you using Resorucestring in combination with that packet size message.
I'm using Delphi 10.2 and SecureBridge 8.0.1 24-Apr-17

Edited:
I updated to 8.2.4 and now I get a different message: "Invalid key exchange algorithm ..."

Thank you for any hint
Simu

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Packet Size is Invalid error on Connect

Post by ViktorV » Mon 14 May 2018 15:29

Please specify whether you can connect to your SSH server using any third party tool. If yes, to investigate the specified SecureBridge behavior, please compose a small sample demonstrating the issue of test access to your server and send it to us via e-support form: https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html

simu

Post by simu » Tue 15 May 2018 11:10

It seems that you just haven't read my post and sending my a standard answer.

As I wrote, if I disable "HandleResourceStrings" I can connect, if enable "HandleResourceStrings" I can not and receive the message "Invalid key exchange algorithm ...". It seems that your component is using Resourcestrings to define program constants. As far as I understood from the component I also using (TsiLang) they override the Resourcestring for translation pourposes.

I would be able to provide a compiled version of an example, because of the TsiLang component which you may not have.

Ok?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 15 May 2018 12:50

Yes, SecureBridge uses resourcestring to store string constants. Since the cause of this behavior is related to the use of a third-party component, you can contact its developer to solve your task.