MySql SSH "Hello world" pls

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
kaffeburk

MySql SSH "Hello world" pls

Post by kaffeburk » Thu 26 Apr 2018 12:38

Hello.

I have a OpenSSH server and a Mysql server (xubuntu). I have Unidac and the SecureBridge demo and Delphi 10.2 Tokyo. Now i want to open UniConnection to the Mysql on the Openssh server with Securebridge. But how?

There is no instructions (what i can find). There is a demo, a demo without a main form...???

(C:\Users\info\Documents\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Demos\TechnologySpecific\SecureBridge\Delphi25)

Regards,

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: MySql SSH "Hello world" pls

Post by ViktorV » Thu 26 Apr 2018 15:04

The SSHDACDemo project was developed using frames. To configure the SecureBridge and UniDAC components in the database, you can open the SSHClientFrame using the View-Forms item of the IDE main menu (Ctrl + F12).
To start the SSHDACDemo project, you must first install the TCRSSHIOHandler component. The TCRSSHIOHandler component is located in the dcldacsbridgeXXX package. This package is included in the UniDAC demos. See the package installation instructions in the file "%UniDACDemos%\TechnologySpecific\SecureBridge\Readme.html", where % UniDACDemos% is the UniDAC Demo projects installation path on your computer.
After that, to connect to MySQL server through the SSH tunnel, just open the SSHDACDemo project and run it. Next, you must correctly fill in the required fields on the SSH Connection and DB Connection panels.

kaffeburk

Post by kaffeburk » Thu 26 Apr 2018 19:21

Hello Victor.

Perhaps the install instructions is not correct? I get error:

[dcc32 Fatal Error] dacsbridge250.dpk(1): E2225 Never-build package 'dacsbridge250' must be recompiled
[dcc32 Fatal Error] dcldacsbridge250.dpk(30): E2202 Required package 'dacsbridge250' not found

The path is not the same as in instructions:
C:\Users\info\Documents\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Demos\TechnologySpecific\SecureBridge\Delphi25

Regards, Pär

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 27 Apr 2018 08:50

For successful compilation of the dcldacsbridgeXX.dpk package, you can, instead of your specified actions only once specify the path

Code: Select all

$(DELPHI)\Lib\$(Platform)\$(Config)
in the "Library path" via the Tools-Environment Options-Delphi Options-Library menu.
Last edited by ViktorV on Fri 27 Apr 2018 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

kaffeburk

Post by kaffeburk » Fri 27 Apr 2018 12:28

I tried that. Same error.

kaffeburk

Post by kaffeburk » Fri 27 Apr 2018 12:29

I will upload a Youtube movie shortly

kaffeburk

Post by kaffeburk » Fri 27 Apr 2018 12:41

Ok, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz_rxkh ... e=youtu.be

(sorry i'm irritated, i did not expect his to be so hard and loose so much time waiting for support)

Regards, Pär

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 27 Apr 2018 12:59

In order to get a detailed answer, please provide to viktorv*devart*com with the login and password for TeamViewer for remote access to your computer.

kaffeburk

Post by kaffeburk » Fri 27 Apr 2018 13:41

Done

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 27 Apr 2018 14:20

It is good to see that the problem has been solved.
Thank you for the interest in our products.
If you have any questions during using our products, please don't hesitate to contact us - and we will try to help you solve them.

kaffeburk

Post by kaffeburk » Fri 27 Apr 2018 14:24

Thax Viktor. I will buy it soon. Can i ask, what was the problem? I will need to also install this in my laptop and if i must reinstall i will have the same problem.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 27 Apr 2018 14:37

This behavior is not related to UniDAC or SecureBridge functionality, but to IDE work specificity.
For successful compilation of the dcldacsbridgeXX.dpk package, you can, once specify the path

in the "Library path" via the Tools-Environment Options-Delphi Options-Library menu for 32-bit Windows platform (you have 64-bit Windows platform).
If it does not help solving the issue, to solve the problem try to perform the following steps:
- open dacsbridgeXX.dpk run-time package, switch to the Description section and check the Rebuild as needed option. Compile dacsbridgeXX.dpk package.
- open dcldacsbridgeXX.dpk design-time package, in the project options select the Delphi Compiler menu item, and in the Search Path add the following value:

Then switch to the Description section and check the Rebuild as needed option. Compile and install design-time package dcldacsbridgeXX.dpk.

kaffeburk

Post by kaffeburk » Fri 27 Apr 2018 16:15

Well, should not the instructions be related to the IDE? If the IDE configuration is standard and needs to be altered in order for the installation of the component then perhaps that should be part of the step by step instructions? I'm not a component developer, but do you have to be one in order to install and run components? That skill is hardly supposed to be prerequisites in order to buy and install a component.

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm a happy customer for many years now and i like your products. I just want more people to buy them so there will be better support and better prices. If i compare the Delphi world with the Linux world, its much easier to be new in the Linux world. People understand that you don't understand. In the Delphi world, no. Probably because there is so few newbies. That's not good, because we all want the Delphi world to grow. But when you have a hard time with the noob questions why bother? Why not go to C# or somewhere else where the simple questions everybody have in the start also get properly addressed? Sorry for my philosophical bullshit and thanx once agan Viktor.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 02 May 2018 12:07

Thank you for the interest in our products.
We will make the required changes in our packages, in order for them to compile without user interference in the next build of UniDAC.

kaffeburk

Post by kaffeburk » Wed 09 May 2018 06:15

Perfect!