TScSSHChannel in Direct mode & parallel TScSSHShell

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
Nils

TScSSHChannel in Direct mode & parallel TScSSHShell

Post by Nils » Wed 14 Feb 2018 12:28

Hello,

I have a SSH Server to which i connect with an TScSSHClient on port 22.
I need to connect to to another port behind that SSH Server which i do with the help of a TScSSHChannel.

The TScSSHChannel is used NonBlocking and Direct.

So far everything is fine. But now in addition to the channel i need communicate with the shell on port 22. I try to do this with a TScSSHShell.

Both the TScSSHShell and the TScSSHChannel use the same TScSSHClient as client.

But as soon as i connect the TScSSHShell the TScSSHChannel disconnects.

If i use the TScSSHChannel with direct := false it works fine. But this needs to find an open port on the client side. And i need to manage many connections (>100) to several of these SSH Servers. So i would very much prefer the direct mode.

Is it by design that a TScSSHChannel in direct mode needs an exclusive TScSSHClient or is there anything different i need to look at?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: TScSSHChannel in Direct mode & parallel TScSSHShell

Post by ViktorV » Wed 14 Feb 2018 15:16

The TScSSHShell and the TScSSHChannel can work with the same TScSSHClient in the Direct mode when properly configured.
In order to get a detailed answer, please compose a small sample demonstrating the issue and send it to us via form e-support: https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html