Starting Demo Server Error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
Soman

Starting Demo Server Error

Post by Soman » Mon 12 Feb 2018 17:45

Delphi XE7 Windows 7

Just starting out
I have compiled and installed SSHServerService.exe demo I have compiled and run SSHServer.exe demo but when I try to start the server i get
System Error Code 5 Access is denied

I get same result if I disable my firewall

Thanks

Soman

Re: Starting Demo Server Error

Post by Soman » Tue 13 Feb 2018 16:13

When I switched on my PC today I was surprised to see that the service was now running I could not start it at all yesterday either from the Server Demo or from the services console in Windows However there is still a problem as now I cannot stop the service I get the same error as yesterday

Could this be a permissions problem The service is running as Local System

I cannot be the only one who has had this issue

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 14 Feb 2018 11:02

This error says that you do not have enough access rights. To solve the issue, you should run and stop the server under the administrator account.
You can start the service from command line (sshserverservice /Start) and stop the service (sshserverservice /Stop) with administrative rights

Soman

Post by Soman » Thu 15 Feb 2018 22:17

Note that I am runnng in an Administrator Account

However It now appears that I can start and stop the service using Services.msc from CMD prompt both running as a (high level) Administrator as well as not It is strange that this ability seems was delayed Note I did reboots before which had no effect

The only issue now is that I still cannot start/stop the service using the demo server nor from Task Manager

Have you any idea why this is

Soman

Post by Soman » Thu 15 Feb 2018 23:42

Just realised that if I right click on the server exe and start as (high level) Administrator then I can Start / Stop the server What confuses me is that I use other servers with other components that I can start / stop where this is not necessary As I have not written any servers myself can I ask whether having to raise the securty level to the highest Administrator level possible is what you would expect with your server and is it possible to provide a server that does not need to start in this way Note that my Account is an Administrator Account

Soman

Post by Soman » Fri 16 Feb 2018 09:46

Forget my last 2 posts I understand now what is going on Silly me its obvious really

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 16 Feb 2018 12:18

The compiled SSHServerService is a Windows service and therefore this behavior is related to the architecture and configuration of Windows, not SecureBridge.
We are glad that you found the issue solution. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about SecureBridge.