limit SSH connects on ScSSHServer

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
tom_1234

limit SSH connects on ScSSHServer

Post by tom_1234 » Tue 28 Nov 2017 18:29

With ScSSHServer is there a way to limit the number of SSH client connection it accepts?
For example if I want to limit the my ScSSHServer to only have three connected SSHclients at any time. So if I already have three connected then the fourth would have its connection fail when it trys to connect. (I am open to other solutions. This will be used on an embedded product and I want to limit things. )

I see the ClientInfos property that tells me how many are connected but not how to stop other connections. (did not see any BeforeClientConnect event to cancel things in).

Also is there away to limit the number of SSHChannels ?
I see there is a TScBeforeChannelConnect event but I have no idea how to say NO do not allow the connection.

Thanks
Tom

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: limit SSH connects on ScSSHServer

Post by ViktorV » Wed 29 Nov 2017 10:04

Currently, SecureBridge does not allow you to limit the number of concurrent users. We will try to add this functionality to the next SecureBridge build.

tom_1234

Post by tom_1234 » Wed 29 Nov 2017 19:49

Ok thanks.

We have purchased your product so will we get a email notification when a new version is available or do we need to just keep checking?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 30 Nov 2017 09:20

Thank you for the interest in our products.
You can follow the news about SecureBridge releases in the at https://www.devart.com/news