EScError - socket closed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
piopio

EScError - socket closed

Post by piopio » Fri 08 Jun 2012 08:17

Hello,

I have an issue on an installation in one site. When I run the application that should connect to a remote PostgreSQL DB via SecureBridge SSH tunneI get the following error message:

“Exception EScError in module xxxxx at yyyyyyy. Socket closed. Cannot receive the data”

I tried to connect the same machine to the DB with Putty and it works without any problem.

Why do I get this error message ? How can I solve this ?

Many thanks

Pio Pio

Dimon
Devart Team

Re: EScError - socket closed

Post by Dimon » Tue 12 Jun 2012 07:46

To solve the problem try to increase the values of the TScSSHClient.Timeout property and the TScSSHChannel.Timeout property. If a connection break occurs, increasing these values allow to increase the time interval during which the client will try to obtain data from the server.
If this will not solve the problem, describe it in more details.

piopio

Post by piopio » Wed 13 Jun 2012 07:59

Hi Dimon,

Thank you very much ! This solved the issue.

Unfortunately I am facing another error message now. When I run tha application I get another error message saying "Can't connect to the database".

The application and the database connection details are the same as the other installation I have and I am wondering what the problem can be now.

Many thanks

PioPio

piopio

Post by piopio » Mon 18 Jun 2012 07:40

Hello,

It was my mistake sorry. I used the wrong database name.

Pio Pio