Proxy server issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
sjorford

Proxy server issues

Post by sjorford » Tue 02 Sep 2008 19:06

How does the SSH and SSL connections for MyDAC deal with proxy servers?

My specific issue is I want to setup a ssh tunnel between my app and the Mysql server, the local port forward connections to it for mysql and web browsing (secure docs for just app users). I have a system using Eldos and Secureblackbox that works except that it reuqires the proxy server name and port, which I can't always supply due to the app being in corperate sites that won't tell users these details. Its alos pretty difficult to get these from IE when they are done using PAC or WPAD files.

I also am using port 443 instead of 22 to eliminate the need to open additioonal ports on the firewall. If I change to Securebridge, will it deal with the proxy issues? I understand I may need to switch to ssl and use 443 for Mysql, and come up with something different for the apache connection.

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Thu 04 Sep 2008 13:49

In order to create a secure connection to MySQL server via SSH you should use the TMySSHIOHandler and the TScSSHClient components.
For SSH connection, SSH server must be installed on the remote side, and you should specify its address in the TScSSHClient.HostName and the TScSSHClient.Port properties. In this case data will be forwarded by SSH server to MySQL server.

If you use SSL connection, you should use the TMySSLIOHandler component. In this case connection is created directly to MySQL server that must suppot SSL protocol. Meanwhile, to use 443 port, set this port as a listened one by MySQL server.