Secure Indy TCP Connection

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
pablorosciani

Secure Indy TCP Connection

Post by pablorosciani » Thu 12 Jul 2007 20:25

Hi!

I found SecureBridge looking for a way to secure a tcp client/server app already working.

May I be able to secure the communican channel with this component? I already has command/file transfers handlers implemented. Im asking this because searching the forum I see something about commands not working yet and also the documentation about the Indy wraper is a little poor...

If this is possible, can you add or send me an axample showing how to link my existing Indy client and server with your ssh component?

Maybe a simple (but secure, obviously) chat demo or something so I can see if I will be able to link my app to SecureBridge without to much rewriting..

Thanks in advance.

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Mon 16 Jul 2007 10:11

The outline of secure connection between Indy client and Indy server is next: data from Indy client through SSH Client is transmitted to SSH server, and from SSH server to Indy Server. In order to connect Indy client and SSH client, you should use the ScIdIOHandler component.

To create a secure connection perform the following steps:
  • 1. Setup an SSH connection with the ScSSHClient component. For SSH server you should use the ScSSHServer component or the OpenSSH server. You can find an example on how to use ScSSHClient and ScSSHServer components in the SecureBridge demos.
    2. Place the ScIdIOHandler component onto the form.
    3. Specify the ScSSHClient component in the ScIdIOHandler.Client property.
    4. Specify the ScIdIOHandler component in the IOHandler property of your Indy Client.
After that connection between Indy client and server will be secure.