Random error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
rogerrodrigues

Random error

Post by rogerrodrigues » Tue 11 Aug 2015 17:56

Hi

I have a 32bit Delphi 7 application running on a Windows Server 2008 (x64) with Firebird 2.5.3.26780 (x64).

The Firebird 2.5 has 3 major settings: Super Server, Classic Server and Super Classic Server.

Using the Devart dbExpress driver and Super Server setting, the app randomly crashes with the error: "invalid transaction handle (expecting explicit transaction start)".
With the Super Classic server setting, the app randomly crashes with the error: "Sql Server Error: Access Violation at address 10011CFE4 in module 'fbclient.dll'. Read of address 00000020".
And with Classic Server, everything looks fine so far.

Before I upgrade to the Devart dbExpress driver, the app was running with the UIB 1.5 driver without any problem in the 3 settings.

Could you help me finding the error? Because the best setting that suits for me is the Super Classic Server.

The Devart dbExpress version is 4.6.9.0.

Regards.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Random error

Post by ViktorV » Wed 12 Aug 2015 08:18

To investigate this behavior of dbExpress driver for InterBase and Firebird, please compose a small sample demonstrating the problem and send it to viktorv*devart*com, including scripts for creating database objects.