connection rejected by remote interface

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
maubuso

connection rejected by remote interface

Post by maubuso » Thu 07 Feb 2013 17:19

Hi.

I´m using new Delphi XE3 with update 2.

When I try to connect (by the component, or by code) I´m receiving this error :

connection rejected by remote interface.

If I use the native Delphi Firebird driver, it´s ok.

We are using :
Win32 App
Delphi XE3 with Update 2
dbxida 4.1.2.0
Firebird 2.5.2
Windows 8 X64

Please, in this case a priority because our development stopped .

AndreyZ

Re: connection rejected by remote interface

Post by AndreyZ » Fri 08 Feb 2013 08:13

Hello,

Such error can occur if you are using not the Firebird client library (or the incorrect version of it) to connect to Firebird. Please make sure you are using fbclient.dll from Firebird 2.5.2 . To use fbclient.dll , you should specify it in the VendorLib connection option. In RAD Studio XE3, you should specify VendorLib in the connection parameters. Here is a code example:

Code: Select all

SQLConnection.Params.Values['VendorLib'] := 'fbclient.dll';

maubuso

Post by maubuso » Fri 08 Feb 2013 15:33

Thanks Andrey, it Works.

If I don´t set in params, and set only direct on TSqlConnection.VendorLib property, DBXIDA looks for gds32.dll.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 11 Feb 2013 08:58

I am glad I could help.
The point is that, the dbExpress technology in RAD Studio XE3 ignores the TSQLConnection.VendorLib property, so you should set it in connection parameters. You can write about this problem to the Embarcadero support.

maubuso

Post by maubuso » Fri 15 Feb 2013 17:13

AndreyZ wrote:I am glad I could help.
The point is that, the dbExpress technology in RAD Studio XE3 ignores the TSQLConnection.VendorLib property, so you should set it in connection parameters. You can write about this problem to the Embarcadero support.
Certainly I'll do it . Thanks a lot !

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 18 Feb 2013 11:11

You are always welcome.

bulc

Post by bulc » Mon 13 Jan 2014 20:38

Sorry to go back to your replay. I find that error when trying to connect to Firebird.
I'm using Delphixe3 and trying to connect using: IBDatabase, IBTransaction, DataSetProvider,
IBQuery, ClientDataSet and DataSource.
I wonder if you can tell me which of those has got the same property as SQLConnection, so I can try to save this nasty problem following your advice:
--> SQLConnection.Params.Values['VendorLib'] := 'fbclient.dll';
I am new and don't know much. But I must say I got another computer with the same Delphi Version and it works fine ever. The only difference being that the bad one has Windows 8 (64) and the other windows 7, 32.
Can you lend me a hand,
Thanks from Ibiza.

ZEuS
Devart Team

Post by ZEuS » Tue 14 Jan 2014 09:21

Since TIBDatabase, TIBTransaction etc. belong to InterBase Express components, you can learn more about using them in the official Embarcadero documentation. As it conсerns to an error on Windows 8 x64, please make sure that you have a correct version of the dgs32.dll client library placed in the SysWOW64 directory (for example, "C:\Windows\SysWOW64") on the Windows 8 computer.

bulc

Post by bulc » Tue 14 Jan 2014 10:08

Zeus,
Yes, I'm using TIBDataBase where I am trapped.
I have been looking for "dgs32.dll" inside Windows. Result? Doesn't exist.
Then I tried with "fbClient.dll". There are 2 of them 854KB and 540KB.
Should I change their name? Is there anything I can do?
Thanks, bulc.

Add. I have uninstalled both InterBase and Firebird. Then I reinstalled Firebird_2_5 (64bits). Then I trie to connect to the database.fdb file. Error again. This time slightly different: "Unable to complete request to host: LocalHost:3050".
Any hints?
Thanks.
Last edited by bulc on Tue 14 Jan 2014 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

ZEuS
Devart Team

Post by ZEuS » Tue 14 Jan 2014 11:28

Excuse me, I mean "gds32.dll". "fbclient.dll" is the Firebird client library. "gds32.dll" is the InterBase client library. In some cases, for providing compatibility, Firebird during its installation renames its client library to "gds32.dll". Since InterBase Express is intended to work with InterBase, it uses exactly "gds32.dll". So, try to find the "gds32.dll" file in the "C:\Windows\System32" directory on the Windows 7 computer and copy it to the SysWOW64 directory on the Windows 8 computer.

bulc

Post by bulc » Tue 14 Jan 2014 11:41

ZEus,
I have executed a (C:\dir gds32.dll /s) and a [C:\dir fbclient.dll /s] and I have found that
there is a file (gds32.dll) in (c:\Windows\SysWOW64) in my laptop.
I have not found any (fbClient.dll) in my hard disk.
Can you tell me, again, what to do now. I trust you more wise than myself.
Any way I have copied GDS32.DLL into C:\Windows\System32 (my pc is Win8 (64).
Now error changes to: "Unable to connect request network to host: LOCALHOST:3050".
Mind you I am working in local. It's all I can say now.
Thank you.
bulc, from Ibiza.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 30 Mar 2016 14:31

Thank you for being interested in our products.
If you have any questions during using our products, please don't hesitate to contact us - and we will try to help you solve them.

Malek

Post by Malek » Sat 30 Jul 2022 18:54

Well sometimes when trying to create a DNS using a driver for simple connection and we are giving a server reference ( ex 127.0.0.1 ) we receive this error message . The answer is just to omit the server reference and its port number and everything will work just fine .