Problem - Missing gds32.dll on MAC!

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
uli066

Problem - Missing gds32.dll on MAC!

Post by uli066 » Wed 26 Dec 2012 20:24

I want to try the dbExpress driver with a firemonkey-Application on Windows and Mac. Windows okay.. all works, on the Mac the system is missing the gds32.dll. I have installed Firebird 2.5. What can i do? i have tried to rename the mac fbclient...dylib, but there is the same error. Does Firemonkey-Application works with dbExpress? I there a example for this kind of programms?

THX

AndreyZ

Re: Problem - Missing gds32.dll on MAC!

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 27 Dec 2012 07:24

Hello,

To connect to a Firebird database on Mac OS, you should have the following libraries on Mac OS:
libfbclient.dylib - it is a Firebird client library for Mac OS. It is supplied with Firebird for Mac OS;
libdbexpida40.dylib - it is a Devart dbExpress driver for InterBase and Firebird library. It is supplied with our driver;
libmidas.dylib - it is a Midas library. It is supplied with RAD Studio.
Client libraries can be located in public libraries directory (for example, /usr/lib ) or in the MacOS folder of the application package.
You can find more detailed information in our blog at http://blogs.devart.com/dac/index.php/a ... -os-x.html