Dbexpress for Firebird: Unavailable database

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
milan.miklos

Dbexpress for Firebird: Unavailable database

Post by milan.miklos » Mon 31 Oct 2011 16:43

Hi, I am using MS Win Professional, DelphiXE2, Firebird 1.5.5. Test application "SimpleDataSet" works fine on developers PC.

If I try to deploy application, it doesn't work, I get error massage "unavailable database". I deploy files:
SAMPLE.FDB
dbexpida40.dll
SimpleDataSet.exe
gds32.dll
Path to db file is OK.

Can you help me?

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Tue 01 Nov 2011 08:10

Hello,

The point is that Firebird 1.5 doesn't support connections through local protocol on Windows 7. To solve the problem, you should use the TCP protocol. For this you should set the Database param of TSQLConnection in the following way:

Code: Select all

SQLConnection.Params.Values['DataBase'] := 'localhost:C:\SAMPLE.FDB';

milan.miklos

Post by milan.miklos » Wed 02 Nov 2011 12:31

Hi, I tried it, but it still doesn't work, error: Unable to complete network request to host "localhost". Failed localhost machine. Undefined servis gds_db/tcp. Firebird is on, IBO console connects to the database Sample.fdb correctly.[/img]

milan.miklos

Post by milan.miklos » Wed 02 Nov 2011 13:22

Hi, I solved the problem - it is somehow connected with original Interbase library gds32.dll.

I used fbclient.dll, renamed it to gds32.dll, put it into the program directory and now it works fine.

Milan M.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 02 Nov 2011 13:27

It's good to see that you have found a solution. If you have any other questions, please contact us.