DBX Error: Driver could not be properly initialized.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
Flash3001

DBX Error: Driver could not be properly initialized.

Post by Flash3001 » Sat 10 Sep 2011 21:00

Hi, I'm trying to use dbExpress but I'm not able to every time I try to establish a connection I get this error message:

Code: Select all

Borland.Data.TDBXError: DBX Error:  Driver could not be properly initialized.  Client library may be missing, not installed properly, of the wrong version, or the driver may be missing from the system path.
I've got this message for Firebird, Interbase, MySQL, actually for almost all of
them but DATASNAP, ODBC and MSSQL.

I've thought it would a missing DLL but I tried to copy and past all of them into the System32 (and SysWOW64) and it didn't work.

Then I tried to uninstall my Firebird x64 and install a x86 version but it also didn't work.

So I thought it would be a problem with RAD STUDIO XE and tried to install XE2 to see if it would work, and as expected it didn't work also on XE2.

I tried to open the 'Database Explorer' within the XE's bin folder and I kept getting the same error message.

I'm using a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and RAD Studio XE (and as I described earlier XE2)

Flash3001

Post by Flash3001 » Sat 10 Sep 2011 21:34

My bad, I had copied the same fbclient.dll (32) to the System32 and SysWOW64 and just now I realized that so I tried to copy fbclient.dll (from C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\bin) to System32 and fbclient.dll (from C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\WOW64) to SysWOW64 and it worked just fine.

\o/