Difference on query using dbExpInt and dbExpIda

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
Post Reply
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri 03 Sep 2010 14:33

Difference on query using dbExpInt and dbExpIda

Post by natanieljr » Tue 28 Sep 2010 13:57


I'm having another issue using your dbExpIda driver.

- Delphi 6
- dbExpIda
- Firebird 2.5 RC3
- ClientDataSet + DataSetProvider + SQLQuery

I have a select that should return 2 "rows".

When I use Borland's Interbase driver it shows correctly, when I use your driver is shows only one record. For the query to work correctly with your driver I have to put NoMetadata to True at the TSQLQuery.

I also made the following test: Created only the SQLQuery, opened it and did a "while not Eof", the query resultset showed the 2 records (even without setting NoMetadata).

This problem occurs only at one query in the hole system and only when the query is linked to a ClientDataSet.

I've sent you an email with a sample Project + Database with the title "Difference on query using dbExpInt and dbExpIda"

I also exported XMLData from both ClientDataSets and noticed a diference into the metadata that seems to be the problem (it disapears when removing metadata) :

Here're the XML data.

Thanks for the attention



DevArt Interbase


Post by AndreyZ » Thu 30 Sep 2010 08:59


Thank you for information. We have reproduced the problem. The investigation of the problem is in progress. As soon as we solve the problem we will let you know.


Post by AndreyZ » Mon 04 Oct 2010 09:50

The point is that DbxIda supports Delphi 6 with Update Pack 2, therefore please make sure that Update Pack 2 is installed on your Delphi6.

Posts: 13
Joined: Fri 03 Sep 2010 14:33

Post by natanieljr » Mon 04 Oct 2010 18:22

Solved by installing Delphi 6 Update Pack 1 and 2

You should add to the "Compatibility" at (http://www.devart.com/dbx/interbase/) something like:
Delphi 6 (Update Pack 2)

Would make easier to identify problems

But anyway, as I said, problem solved.

Thanks for the attention.


Post by AndreyZ » Tue 05 Oct 2010 08:16

It is good to see that this problem has been solved. We will add an Update Pack 2 specification for Delphi 6 in all compatibility lists. If any other questions come up, please contact me.

Post Reply