ServiceProvider interface for SQLServer

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Microsoft SQL Server
sno_ccq

ServiceProvider interface for SQLServer

Post by sno_ccq » Mon 27 May 2019 01:49

Hi,

I have recently picked up a legacy silverlight app using Devart for Oracle. I have to migrate to using SQLServer. I am using the Devart for SQLServer libraries, and this is ok for some of the code that doesnt use the Devart Entity Framework, but the problem I have is when a context object tries to generate a List. I get the error message:

SqlServerProviderFactory' does not implement the IServiceProvider

I have see from the devart docs that the Oracle equivalent of the ProviderFactory does inherit IServiceProvider, but the SqlServer version doesn't.

Is this just a configuration problem that I have missed, or do the SqlServer libraries fall short here and I have to implement everything without the Entity Framework?

Thanks for your help.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: ServiceProvider interface for SQLServer

Post by Shalex » Mon 27 May 2019 09:13

dotConnect for SQL Server doesn't support Entity Framework.

We recommend you to use the following products for working with SQL Server via Entity Framework:
* standard System.Data.SqlClient
* Entity Developer for Entity Framework (it works via System.Data.SqlClient)

sno_ccq

Re: ServiceProvider interface for SQLServer

Post by sno_ccq » Tue 28 May 2019 01:33

Thanks,

That was what I was afraid of. Using the oldest version of standard System.Data.SqlClient requires bumping up a version on another dependent library in the project, which is not supported by silverlight.

I will code it the hard way without the Entity Framework.