DotConnect Mobile Connection Issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Microsoft SQL Server
cbcsql

DotConnect Mobile Connection Issues

Post by cbcsql » Mon 21 Jan 2019 18:56

I downloaded the trial mobile version of DotConnect, added the appropriate references and was able to get licensing working. My application runs in Windows CE 7.0 using compact framework 2.0 . When I attempt to open a connection using uniconnection a uniexception is thrown regarding the connection string. It appears not to support encrypt nor trusted certificate.

{"Unknown connection option in connection string: encrypt."}
ErrorCode: &H80000000
InnerException: {"Unknown connection option in connection string: encrypt."}
Message: "Unknown connection option in connection string: encrypt."
StackTrace: "at Devart.Data.Universal.UniConnection.Open() at DecorFusionInventory.frmSettings.cmdTest_Click() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick() at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick() at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WnProc() at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc() at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterModalDialog() at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog() at DecorFusionInventory.frmMainMenu.LaunchSettings() at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke() at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke() at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke() at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke() at TASK.Invoke() at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InvokeAll() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc() at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WnProc() at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WnProc() at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc() at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop() at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run() at DecorFusionInventory.AppStart.SubMain() at DecorFusionInventor
y.AppStart.Main()

cbcsql

Re: DotConnect Mobile Connection Issues

Post by cbcsql » Tue 22 Jan 2019 16:11

Just to clarify. Does anyone know if encrypt and trustedcertficate are supposed to be supported in the mobile version of DotConnect? Documentation does not state otherwise. The reason I am looking at this product is I have a requirement to connect a Windows CE application to SQL Azure which require encryption.

Thanks in advance.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 24 Jan 2019 14:36

dotConnect Universal Mobile supports Windows CE 6.5.x and lower, and it does not support Windows CE 7.0.

cbcsql

Post by cbcsql » Thu 24 Jan 2019 18:22

I tested on a Motorola MC9090 which is Windows CE 5.0.
I am seeing same behavior with exception: "Unknown connection option in connection string: encrypt."
This is indicating that the encrypt and TrustServerCertificate are not supported in the mobile version of your product.
Could you please verify?

Thanks,

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 04 Feb 2019 13:11

Sorry for the late response. We have answered you via e-mail.