Devart Entity Model

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Microsoft SQL Server
ashleysbuss

Devart Entity Model

Post by ashleysbuss » Tue 17 Sep 2013 15:53

Hi Support,

I have both dotConnect for SQLite and MS SQL loaded on my system. I have been using SQLite and the Add New Item > Devart Entity Model > Database First > only shows a Devart dotConnect for SQLite but none for MS SQL?

Any Ideas?

Ashley

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Devart Entity Model

Post by MariiaI » Wed 18 Sep 2013 10:56

Entity Developer for dotConnect, which is bundled with dotConnect for SQLite, supports LinqConnect and Entity Framework models using the corresponding provider only.
dotConnect for SQL Server doesn't provide support for Entity Framework and is not included in the list of supported providers for Entity Developer.
Entity Developer (as a separate product) doesn't include any providers, but if any from the list of supported ADO.NET providers is installed on your workstation, it will be available in Entity Developer.

You should install Entity Developer Professional or Entity Developer for Entity Framework (in case you are working with Entity Framework models only) additionally to be able to work with SQL Client Provider as well (if it installed on your computer).
For more information please refer to http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/editions.html.

Please notify us if this information helps.