dotConnect 5.00.22 Microsoft Analysis Services cube building

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Microsoft SQL Server
davidh

dotConnect 5.00.22 Microsoft Analysis Services cube building

Post by davidh » Mon 30 Mar 2009 15:19

Product Version: 5.00.22 16-Feb-09
OS Version: Windows Server 2003
Platform: x32

I am currently testing the dotConnect software for use within our growing BI environment. My aim is to use the software to build cubes directly from MySQL however when I try to build the cube I get the following error message:

Code: Select all

Errors in the high-level relational engine. The following exception occurred while the managed IDbCommand interface was being used: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[issue].[issue_onsale_date_value] AS [issueissue_onsale_date_value0_0]
This seems to be the same issue described here: http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic. ... be&start=0

However The version number I'm working with is newer so I assume the issue/solution could be different.

I restarted the server to ensure that the services and any application changes had been made and the error persists.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Wed 01 Apr 2009 12:39

Please check that Devart.Data.MySql.xsl cartridges are available here:
%Program Files%\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\DataWarehouseDesigner\UIRdmsCartridge\
%Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\bin\Cartridges\

davidh

Post by davidh » Thu 02 Apr 2009 09:18

My files needed slightly different locations as I'm using visual studio 8 and SQL server 2005 but the fix appears to have worked. Although at present I seem to have found a new bug which I'm playing with (This new bug is of my own creation).

These is the locations that I copied the file to for anyone else looking for a solution for the same problem:

%Program Files%\Common Files\System\Ole DB\Cartridges
E:\SQL Server 2005\MSSQL.2\OLAP\bin\Cartridges
%Program Files%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\DataWarehouseDesigner\UIRdmsCartridge
%Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\DataWarehouseDesigner\UIRdmsCartridge