TIBCTable: EVariantBadVarTypeError

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
TheFastCoder

TIBCTable: EVariantBadVarTypeError

Post by TheFastCoder » Fri 08 Jul 2022 13:39

In the attachment you will find a full example project. Just open Project1.dpr and hit compile. It contains an embedded firebird client (\Win32\Debug\Firebird) and my test database (\Win32\Debug\test.fdb)

If I hit the button "Insert Record 1" a record is inserted. Everything is OK. But if I hit now button "Insert Record 2" to insert another record an exception is shown:

EVariantBadVarTypeError: 'Invalid variant type'

If you click at "Insert Record __2__" first and then at "Insert Record __1__" it works. That makes no sense.

My application needs this options:
SetEmptyStrToNull=true
UpdateAllFiels=false

These options are set and can't be changed.

The first button adds an record with a reference to another table (field ArtikelNr). The second button adds a record without this reference. But the strange thing is, that the other fields may play a role too.

Thanks for your help!

Now I've written this text, but how to attach a file to my forum post?

pavelpd
Devart Team

Re: TIBCTable: EVariantBadVarTypeError

Post by pavelpd » Thu 14 Jul 2022 12:31

Hi,
Thanks for contacting Devart blog!

Please submit your example to our support team via the contact form: https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html

Also please clarify some additional information:
- what version of IBDAC do you have;
- version of FireBird;
- version of IDE;

pavelpd
Devart Team

Re: TIBCTable: EVariantBadVarTypeError

Post by pavelpd » Tue 26 Jul 2022 09:14

Hi,

We've reproduced the issue and fixed it. The fix will be included in the next build of our product.
As a workaround, we can send you a nightly build of our product including the required changes.
Please specify your license number, IDE version and send us via this contact form: https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html