View records in transaction

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Dominique

View records in transaction

Post by Dominique » Sat 27 Feb 2021 09:02

Hello,

I'm having the following technical issue to solve:

I have to process a large number of payments from direct debit.
Everything should be booked or nothing, so I handle this in 1 transaction.
During the booking of the different lines, I also need to update another another structure which indicates the last month of payment.
Everything works fine in 1 transaction, but there can be multiple payments for the same insurance policy.
So I need to check in the second structure the last month of payment to update this.
So for instance I have the following:

Payment 1: policy 10
Action: book the payment in the transaction, check the last payment in the second structure using a select and book a new record in the transaction

Payment 2: policy 10
Action: book the payment in the transaction, check the last payment in the second structure and book a new record in the transaction

This is my problem -> I cannot see the new record that was created in the second structure using a select because it is still in the transaction.

Is there a way to see records that are in the current transaction by using a select statement?

Thank you,

Bernaert Dominique

oleg0k
Devart Team

Re: View records in transaction

Post by oleg0k » Thu 25 Mar 2021 09:55

Hello,
This issue is related to the business logic of your application rather than the functionality of our components. You may consult the InterBase/Firebird server documentation or ask your question on specialized resources.

wbr, Oleg
Devart Team