Exception oddity with IBSCRIPT

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Tsagoth

Exception oddity with IBSCRIPT

Post by Tsagoth » Mon 08 Jun 2020 23:04

I'm using Delphi 10.3.2 with IBDAC 7.2 on Win 7. I execute the following to create some Interbase tables:

procedure TForm5.Button4Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
try
CodeSite.Send('Deleting All Gymlete Tables');
DropTables.Execute;
except
on E: Exception do
begin
CodeSite.Send('eXCEPTION DETECTED');
CodeSite.SendException(E);
CodeSite.SendError(Format('Drop Tables failed: %s',[E.Message]));
ExceptionManager.StandardEurekaNotify(ExceptObject, ExceptAddr);
end;
end;

The first Codesite message gets sent. The IBScript component throws an exception for "metadata error - table not found" when some of the tables don't exist, which is fine. The problem is that my on E: Exception is not getting control. None of the Codesite error messages in the except block are issued.

So then I tried disabling Eurekalog altogether, and now I get a MS-style dialog box about the metadata error. So I'm guessing that the IBScript component is itself trapping the exception. Is that correct ? If that is true, how do I get it to stop doing that because I want to handle any exceptions myself.

oleg0k
Devart Team

Re: Exception oddity with IBSCRIPT

Post by oleg0k » Thu 11 Jun 2020 15:52

Hello,

In order to get a detailed answer, please compose a small sample demonstrating the issue and send it to us using our website: https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html

wbr, Oleg
Devart Team