TIBCQuery CacheBlobs property with blob sub_type 1

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
dchavez

TIBCQuery CacheBlobs property with blob sub_type 1

Post by dchavez » Thu 21 Mar 2019 19:11

¿Does the TIBCQuery component support setting the CacheBlobs property to 'false' with Firebird's blob sub_type 1 column?

I'm asking this because the documentation about TIBCQuery component states that "This feature is available only for streamed BLOBs and only if StreamedBlobs option is set to True." and I'm not sure if Firebird blob sub_type 1 is either 'segmented' or 'streamed'.

I'm also having errors when leaving CacheBlobs to 'false' when editing a blob sub_type 1 column.
When the TIBCQuery.Post is executed after updating the blob as text on a TDBEdit control the following error occurs:

Project Project1.exe raised exception class EAssertionFailed with message 'Assertion failure (C:\Components\IBDAC\Source\MemData.pas, line 9839)'.

I'm using IBDAC 6.3.11

Thanks,

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: TIBCQuery CacheBlobs property with blob sub_type 1

Post by ViktorV » Fri 22 Mar 2019 09:47

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the issue.
To understand the issue cause, we need a test sample where the issue is stably reproduced. As soon as we get such a sample, and if the cause of the issue is in the code of our product, we will try to fix it as soon as possible.
Therefore, please compose a small sample demonstrating the described behavior and send it to us using the contact form https://devart.com/company/contactform.html, including scripts for creating and filling database objects. Also specify the exact Firebird version.