FB Embedded

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
DmytroLendel

FB Embedded

Post by DmytroLendel » Tue 18 Dec 2018 11:41

Hello,
I downloaded trial version of IBDac and tried connect to Firebird under Android
Remote connection is working fine.
Problem with embedded firebird. I can`t connect to local database and can`t create new database. Error message is “unavailable database”. May be IBCConnection is changing “/” to “\”?
I modified simple a little. Can you check it please? Or may be you have simple how to work with embedded firebird under Android?
Thank you

simple is here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VJM9G ... IWXAimBZA1

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: FB Embedded

Post by ViktorV » Fri 21 Dec 2018 08:36

Thank you for the information. We will investigate this IBDAC behavior and let you know the result. Please specify the exact version of your IDE (exact version of Android) and the exact error message: we get the error "can not access lock files directory /tmp/firebird/". If you get another error, specify the exact steps to reproduce it.

DmytroLendel

Post by DmytroLendel » Fri 21 Dec 2018 11:03

>Please specify the exact version of your IDE (exact version of Android)
Delphi 10.2
Android 5.1.1

>and the exact error message: we get the error "can not access lock files directory /tmp/firebird/". If you get another error, >specify the exact steps to reproduce it.

my error always was "unavailable database"

>"can not access lock files directory /tmp/firebird/".

In this case needs set environment variable FIREBIRD_LOCK with accessible folder name but I don`t know how to setup it in Delphi. I did`t find it in fbconfig.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 28 Dec 2018 14:10

As it is written on the official site https://firebirdsql.org/en/firebird-3-0/: Android builds were not thoroughly tested, therefore they should be treated as experimental. We conducted investigation in which we got the following results: on Android 5.1, the embedded version did not work raising the "Unable to complete network request" error, on Android 6 and higher we could work with the embedded version if we have root rights. Therefore, to resolve this incompatibility, please contact the Firebird developers.

DmytroLendel

Post by DmytroLendel » Fri 28 Dec 2018 14:48

>on Android 5.1, the embedded version did not work raising the "Unable to complete network request"

Add folowing string Providers = Engine12 to the fb.conf please
before load lib set firebird_lock variable by following way

uses Posix.Stdlib
var s:String;
begin
s:=TPath.Combine(IncludeTrailingPathDelimiter(TPath.GetHomePath), 'fbtemp');
if not DirectoryExists(s) then
CreateDir(s);
Posix.Stdlib.Setenv('FIREBIRD_LOCK',MarshaledAstring (UTF8String(s)),1);

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 09 Jan 2019 14:19

Thank you for the advice, now on Android 5.1, the embedded version did not work raising the "unavailable database" error. as we wrote earlier, to resolve this incompatibility, please contact the Firebird developers.