Compile for android

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
felixinasa

Compile for android

Post by felixinasa » Thu 25 Oct 2018 08:28

Hi

I add a TibcQuery Control to my app.
If I compile for Windows there are no problem, but compiling for Android I get a lot of errors. I only add IBC to uses

Thanks

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Compile for android

Post by ViktorV » Thu 25 Oct 2018 11:09

You can connect to Android-based Firebird 3 using IBDAC. Support for Andriod-based Firebird is added to IBDAC 6.1.3 as of 19-Sep-17.
You can use the client library provided with Firebird 3 distribution for Android: https://www.firebirdsql.org/en/firebird-3-0/#Android
You should deploy the Firebird 3 client library together with your application. For more information on this topic, please visit: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudi ... ying_Files
Before connecting to the server, you should set the correct value in the TIBCConnection.ClientLibrary property. For example:

Code: Select all

IBCConnection.ClientLibrary: = TPath.Combine (TPath.GetDocumentsPath, 'libfbclient.so.3.0.3');
Note, to test this functionality, you can use our Mobile demo project. The project is located in the 'Demos\Mobile' folder relatively to the IBDAC demos installation path.

felixinasa

Post by felixinasa » Thu 25 Oct 2018 11:19

Thanks
but the error occurs when compiling, after to connect
If I add IBC to uses I get error compiling

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 26 Oct 2018 06:17

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the issue on the last IBDAC 6.2.9 version.
Please make sure that you are using IBDAC 6.2.9 Professional Edition (there is no mobile development support in Standard Edition). Also, let us know whether the error is reproduced when using our Mobile demo project.