All IBCAlerters stop receiving events when the stop method is called on one of them

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
lam

All IBCAlerters stop receiving events when the stop method is called on one of them

Post by lam » Thu 17 May 2018 22:57

I am trying to use multiple IBCAlerter components on the same application and experiencing problems.

I am using IBDAC 5.7.26 for Delphi 2007 in a Windows 10 connecting to a Firebird 2.5.7 server. When I add to my application two IBCAlerter components, register each to a different event and start them both they receive the events succesfully. But when I call the stop event on one of them, the one that is still active and listening stops receiveng events too. Why is this happenning? Is this the expected behaviour or is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks in advance

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: All IBCAlerters stop receiving events when the stop method is called on one of them

Post by ViktorV » Mon 21 May 2018 07:49

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the issue on the latest version IBDAC 6.1.7.
Please check whether the problem occurs on the latest version IBDAC 6.1.7 and if yes, to investigate the specified SecureBridge behavior, please compose a full sample demonstrating the issue and send it to us via e-support form: https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html including the scripts for creating database objects. Also specify the exact Firebird version.

lam

Re: All IBCAlerters stop receiving events when the stop method is called on one of them

Post by lam » Mon 21 May 2018 16:54

Thanks for the response, I've read the revision history (https://www.devart.com/ibdac/revision_history.html) now and noticed it was fixed on version 6.0.1. Also tested it and can confirm it works fine, thanks again!

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 22 May 2018 14:23

It is good to see that the problem has been solved.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.