How to Export and Import BLOB Data ?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
luapfr

How to Export and Import BLOB Data ?

Post by luapfr » Sat 07 Apr 2018 16:19

Hello I would like to know if there is any way I could export data from a whole table where I will have several different columns type among them. There are columns of the Type BLOB as I could expand the data of this table and then import by the component "IBCScript"

ru/viewtopic.php?t=13790

It looks like the component "TDADump" does what I need but I'm not finding it in the IBDac component palette
this component "TDADump" looks like it can export and import Blob Type data

how could I use it BackupQuery and Restore ?

Thankful.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: How to Export and Import BLOB Data ?

Post by ViktorV » Tue 10 Apr 2018 13:05

IBDAC does not contain a component similar to TUniDump.
You can try using the TCRBatchMove component, which allows you to transfer data between different datasets. You can get more detailed information about it in our documentation: https://devart.com/unidac/docs/index.ht ... chmove.htm
Also, you can independently implement the functionality you need. You can get the necessary information about working with BLOB fields using our IBDacDemo project, on the 'InterBase specific\BlobPictures' tab, which you can find in the directory: %IBDACDemos%\IBDacDemo, where %IBDACDemos% is the path where IBDAC Demo projects are installed on your computer.

luapfr

Post by luapfr » Wed 11 Apr 2018 18:14

you say you do not have the component "TIBCDump"
but in the IBDac update history it talks about patches in component
and on top of that I was able to find the component class

Has it ever existed in the Past ?

https://www.devart.com/ibdac/revision_history.html

5.3.7 29-Apr-14
Bug with the Dump component when UseUnicode = True is fixed

5.2.6 19-Feb-14
Bug with percentage count in the OnRestoreProgress event of the TDADump class is fixed

I think it would be interesting if you put it back into IBDac.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 13 Apr 2018 07:38

The TIBCDump component does not exist and never existed. All of our DAC products use the same basic core, and the specified information in the help refers to the basic level, therefore, got into the IBDAC help.

luapfr

Post by luapfr » Fri 13 Apr 2018 10:40

I understand, however, I am giving you a suggestion to include this excellent component in IBDac in the future.

From an analyzed one would be very good for IBdac this powerful component.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 13 Apr 2018 10:51

If you want us to implement the feature, please post it at our user voice forum: https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/104 ... e-firebird. If the suggestion gets a lot of votes, we will consider the possibility to implement it.